2016-2017 Delegate Morales Internship Program
The Morales Summer Intern will have various responsibilities that include, but are not limited to the following areas. Interns are encouraged to voice their interest and strengths, so as to make the experience mutually beneficial.
- Research & policy writing
- Constituent services
- Legislative support
- Events management
- Communications & Social Media
- Campaign support
- Bilingual services
Del. Morales with D19 Students from the Universities at Shady Grove
- Strong writing & research skills
- Comfortable speaking in public
- Campaign experience preferred, not required
- Avid social media user
- Graphic design experience preferred, not required
- Additional language skills - Spanish preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- You must be a Montgomery County resident or have strong ties in the County
- Attend or plan to attend a higher educational institution in Maryland
- Part-time/full-time upper level undergraduate and graduate students encouraged to apply
How to Apply
- Fill out a Delegate Internship application and email it to Delegate Morales' office on an on-going basis. Preferably by June 1, 2016 if interested in summer internship.
- Write an essay describing your area of study and an experience that speaks to your interest in public service. Make sure you emphasize qualities that make you unique. Please submit essay with application. (2 pages double-spaced).
- June 1, 2016: application deadline to Delegate Maricé Morales' office
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they complete their Spring semester.